For technical assistance: Contact North | Contact Nord Technical Support Hotline 1-888-850-4628
If you do NOT have the Zoom app installed, go to eCLASSES Zoom Web Conferencing and click on Download Client to install the Zoom app on your desktop. Follow the instructions to install the desktop client.
If you DO have the App installed, see below -
- Open your Zoom app on your desktop and click Sign In.
- Log in using the E-mail and password that you have created.
- Click on the New Meeting icon to start an instant meeting.
The host controls will appear at the bottom of your screen.
- Mute/Unmute: This allows you to mute or unmute your microphone.
- Audio controls (click ^ next to Mute/Unmute): The audio controls allow you to change the microphone and speaker that Zoom is currently using on your computer, leave computer audio, and access the full audio options in the Zoom settings.
- Start/Stop Video: This allows you to start or stop your own video.
- Video controls (click ^ next to Start/Stop Video): If you have multiple cameras on your computer, you can select which Zoom is using, access the full video controls, and select a Virtual Background.
- Allow to lock the meeting
- Enable waiting room
- Allow permissions to participants to:
- Share screen
- Rename themselves
- Security: Access in-meeting security options.
- Participants: Opens the window to manage participants, mute and unmute all participants and invite others to join the meeting.
- Screen Share controls (click ^ next to Share Screen): Select who can share in your meeting and if you want only the host or any participant to be able to start a new share when someone is sharing.
- Chat: Access the chat window to chat with the participants.
- Share Screen: Start sharing your screen. You will be able to select the desktop or application you want to share. When you are screen sharing, the controls will appear at the top of your screen, but you can drag it to another location.
- Record: Start or stop a cloud or local recording.
- Breakout Rooms: (only available to the host): Start breakout rooms.
- Reactions: Clap our hands or give a thumbs up without having to access the participant’s reaction icons.
The Participant and Chat windows will appear to the right of the main screen when you click on the participants and chat icons at the bottom of the screen.
You can provide feedback during the session by clicking on one of the icons in the participant list
- Raise Hand
- Go Slower
- Go Faster
- Thumbs Down
- Thumbs Up
- Clap Hands
- Need a Break
- Away (Stepped Out)
- Clear All (Clears all feddback)
- Invite (extra partcipants)
- Mute All
- Unute All
- ... (extra actions)
You can chat with everyone or individual participants if the host has provided the option for individual private chats.
Type your chat message in the “Type message here
- Hoover over the participant’s name to have access to extra controls for individual participants.
- Unmute the participant
- Click on More to see extra controls as show in item 2.
- Click on More to provide extra participant control actions
Click on … to provide session protocols